Installing a garage door screen can take your garage to the next level. It helps make your garage multi-functional, as both a place to keep your cars and store your belongings, as well as an area where children can play, pets can safely romp, or outdoor, shaded seating can be enjoyed.
Benefits of Garage Door Screens
- It’s like adding a room without remodeling your house! It’s also a great way to still hold events even if it rains.
- An obvious benefit is that it can keep bugs out of the space if you decide to have dinner in your repurposed garage. There’s nothing more annoying than trying to eat with a fly buzzing around your face.
- In addition to bugs, a screen can keep out pollen and debris while still allowing for air circulation.
- Screens can provide shade from the sun, making the garage cooler as well.
- When asked, 71% of homeowners who recently replaced garage doors believe that it has increased the value of their home.
- In order to install a new screen all it takes is 20 minutes and six to 12 screws, and it will fit seamlessly into your home.
Tips for Buying a Garage Door Screen
- Garage door screen kits are even more convenient if you’re new to the process.
- Retractable door screens are a great option for easy accessibility.
- You can buy different color screens so that your screen will blend in with your existing mechanisms.
- Make sure that your screen material fits you needs and/or wants. Types of screen include solar, privacy, pet and mosquito.
- Do your research to find a reputable company with good quality screens! You don’t want to be stuck with a cheaply made screen that’s going to break the second you move it or when any bad weather hits.
Are you thinking of installing garage door screens? Do you have one already? Tell us your experience!